The effort proposed for the 2nd and 3rd years consisted of 3 primary parts:
- Part 1: Population
- Secondary partners (regional except for coordinators) to install DODS+ servers.
- Primary partners (national and coordinators) with data holding to install DODS+ servers.
- NAVOCEANO and NODC to install DODS+ servers.
- Promote the installation of DODS+ servers with other non-project institutions.
-11 non-project sites added.
- Part 2: System Core - four task areas identified:
- Geographical Information System
- Conceptual design for DODS/GIS client in place, awaiting go-ahead from ExCom
- Virtual datasets - Inter and intra-site aggregation of data
- Grid aggregation server being prototyped by Unidata
- Web Interface - GUI web interface for NVODS data sets.
- Cascading interfaces for data discovery and selection being prototyped.
- DAP Improvements - CORBA gateway, XML implementation of the core and modifications
to the DAP needed to address workshop recommendations.
- Have decided to abandon CORBA gateway.
- Release of Version 3.2 of the core
scheduled for 20 August.
Implementation phase continued