What data sets need to be targeted by the NVODS effort in the coming year?
- Hydrographic data at NODC? $35k/year has been set aside
in the budget for NODC. If they need it, these funds could be used for this
task and the next one.
- Bouy data at NDBC?
- COADS observations?
- Climatological data sets to round out those being served at present?
- River flow data? (Texas A&M has put up all such data for the coast of
the Gulf of Mexico, should we complete this for the country as a whole?)
Could the USGS funds set aside ($25k/year) be used for this
- State of California hydrographic data? Use funds
from the "mini" Southwest region for this.
- Wind stations near the coast or on islands and oil platforms?
- OBIS data?
- Coastal model runs?