Gallagher, Holloway, Hemenway and Cornillon met 11-13 June 2001 to identify and
prioritize the software tasks necessary to implement each of the recommendations
emerging from the workshops (regional and national). This process involved 5 steps:
- Identify the software tasks required to implement each workshop recommendation.
Most of these software tasks are explicit in the workshop recommendations while
some are implicit.
- Agument the list with some software tasks that we believe are critical
to the evolution of NVODS, but which are not directly
related to any of the workshop recommendations.
- Sort this list into three general groups:
- High priority (1) - Must do.
- Medium priority (2) - Would make a significant contribution.
- Low priority (3) - Would be nice.
- Rank order the tasks in group 1 ("high priority").
- Make a rough estimate of the programmer time required to address each
of the rank ordered tasks.
The result is the
This list comprises tasks in addition to ongoing software efforts on the
project described in what we refer to as the