||Structure - Working groups|
The NVODS project currently makes use of the following technical working groups/workshops:
- Strategic at the project managment level ==> weekly telecons - Gallagher, Holloway,
Hemenway and Cornillon.
- Technical - DODS-Tech group ==> weekly telecons - OPeNDAP (a.k.a. DODS) and NVODS
developers - software engineers, programmers and Hemenway.
- Annual technical meetings.
- Focus meetings - aggregation server.
At the National Meeting the following working groups were recommended:
- Web-client [We have a first crack at this with the LAS evaluation group.]
- Regional/Topical efforts/pilots
- Data location/discovery
- Standards [Transport and metadata.]
- Strategic [Is this the role of the ExCom?]
Other possible working groups are:
Which of the above do we feel are needed? Are there working groups not listed that are needed?
Who should be on these working groups and who should chair them?