Another server-side service is the browser form.
- This is an HTML form that is constructed by the server at
the time of the user request.
- The form is constructed from the dds and the das.
- It has been designed to help the user generate a fully constrained
url for the data of interest, and
- It allows the user to return the data to her workstation
as a file that she can save to disk as opposed to loading it
into her application.
- The browser form may be requested by appending
.html to the data set name.
The form for the TOPEX data set discussed above is obtained with: http://dods.gso.uri.edu/cgi-bin/nph-nc/WOCE2000/SeaSurfaceHeight/topex/data/05_deg/ssh05d19950414.nc.html