||NVODS: Criteria for Success|
The success criteria, identified by the ExCom, requires that by the end of the
current NOPP funding:
- the number of NVODS users be increasing rapidly both in the
research and management communities,
- the DAP on which the basic infrastructure of NVODS is
founded be accepted as a data/product access ``standard''
by suppliers and users of oceanographic data and data products in
general and Ocean.US in particular,
- there should be a number of non-NOPP funded groups with
significant experience writing both client and server software for NVODS,
- a plan must be in place to broaden the NVODS user
community to educational users and to the general public, and
- a sustained funding base for continued maintenance and
development of NVODS must be identified.