Updated 23 July: We have fixed some issues with support for CF conventions in the HDF5 handler. The new version is 1.2.3 and is available here. The 1.4.2 release:
- The 1.4.2 release is a bug fix release only, there are no new features in the server. A problem with the hdf4 handler was fixed but this fix requires the latest libdap which in turn requires the latest bes which means all of the handlers must be recompiled (the freeform sources require a slight change), hence a new release of Hyrax.
If you're updating from 1.3.x the notes for the 1.4.1 are probably worth a quick read:
- Bug fixes and feature additions
- Significant speed improvements for large data transfers (Details Here and Here.)
- Tested and approved for Tomcat 1.6.x
- Improved Error Messaging.
- XSLT based directory and error pages allow site administrators to customize Hyrax for visual integration with existing sites. (More Here)
- A spelling correction for the MaximumHeapSize parameter in bes.conf has been made which requires that you correct the spelling of that parameter in your existing BES configuration file before you can start the new BES.
- Old spelling: MaximunHeapSize
- New Spelling: MaximumHeapSize
- If this is not corrected you will receive the error: BES: unable to start properly because can not determine memory keys. when you attempt to start the BES.
Individual Binaries will be added when they are available. What to get: You will need the OLFS (which is a Java binary and runs on any computer with Java 1.5) and one set of the BES, dap-server and one or more data handlers. We're including libdap here as well to cut down on the amount of hunting around you need to do; libdap is required for all of our software written in C++ (which includes the BES and the handlers).
- Linux (Fedora Core 8) x64_86 RPMs
- Linux (Fedora Core 8) i386 RPMs
- Version 1.4.2:
- Note: All of our software downloads are signed using GPG. Ask us for the public key if you want to verify the signatures.
- libdap 3.8.2, gpg signature
- bes 3.6.2, gpg signature
- General purpose handlers 3.8.5, gpg signature
- NetCDF Handler 3.7.9, gpg signature
- FreeForm Handler 3.7.9, gpg signature
- HDF4 Handler 3.7.9, gpg signature
- HDF5 Handler 1.2.3, gpg signature
Soap Test Client
- We also have SoapTestClient available for this release. It provides an example for people that wish to try the SOAP interface to have an example of how to use it.
- Version 1.4.2
- Contributed: Sharing your binary builds for those operating systems not available here.