OPeNDAP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that provides free, open source software to the scientific community. While we give the fruits of our labor away in support of the common good, the work does in fact consume our fully dedicated time and attention. We are supported in this effort by a number of governmental and private institutions. This support takes the form of grants, contracts, products and services, and donations. Please find here a list of our supporters, to whom we owe our ability to continue to provide software and services to the members of our user community.
The following institutions have provided (and some continue to provide) monetary support to OPeNDAP:
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- NOAA is an agency that enriches life through science. Our reach goes from the surface of the sun to the depths of the ocean floor as we work to keep citizens informed of the changing environment around them.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- NASA's vision: We reach for new heights and reveal the unknown for the benefit of humankind.
- National Science Foundation
- The National Science Foundation (NSF) is an independent federal agency created by Congress in 1950 "to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; to secure the national defense..."
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology
- The Bureau of Meteorology is Australia's national weather, climate and water agency. Its expertise and services assist Australians in dealing with the harsh realities of their natural environment, including drought, floods, fires, storms, tsunami and tropical cyclones.
Additionally, OPeNDAP receives open-source project support in the form of software licenses for development tools from:
- IntelliJ IDEA IDE from JetBrains
- Every aspect of IntelliJ IDEA is specifically designed to maximize developer productivity.
- YourKit Java Profiler.
- YourKit is a technology leader, creator of the most innovative and intelligent tools for profiling Java & .NET applications. The YourKit Java Profiler has been already recognized by the IT professionals and analysts as the best profiling tool.