Dates: 7-8 July 2014
Location: Co-located with the Summer ESIP meeting in Frisco, CO
The 2104 OPeNDAP Workshop was a huge success and we thank all those who attended! Below are links to the presentations and the agenda followed by the original meeting page including the announcement and other information.
- Monday, 7 July 2014
- Dave Fulker:
- A Functionally Enriched Form of DAP as an EarthCube Building Block
- Brian Blanton:
- Visualizing Non-Rectangular Grid, Real-Time Storm Surge Predictions Using Community-Based Standards
- Roland Schweitzer:
- The Server Side -- Analysis Operations using the Ferret THREDDS Data Server Lessons Learned
- De Almeida, Roberto:
- Nathan Potter:
- Developing JSON representations of DAP responses targeting compatibility with exisiting JSON client software
- James Gallagher:
- Implementing a DataONE Server for DAP
- Christine White:
- Growing OPeNDAP Support: Current ArcGIS Workflows and Future Directions
- Robert Simons:
- DAP Sequences
- Kent Yang:
- Easy Access to and Visualization of HDF and HDF-EOS Files via Hyrax
- Roberto De Almeida:
- Hands-on session (opens a new page): Open notebook science with Pydap and iPython
- Tuesday, 8 July 2014
- West, P., Michaelis, J., Lebo, T., & McGuinness, D.
- (July 8, 2014) Applying Provenance Extensions to OPeNDAP Framework. In: OPeNDAP Developer's Meeting 2014 at ESIP Summer Meeting 2014
- Ethan Davis & James Gallagher:
- Characterizing DAP4 in Relation to DAP2
- Doug Lindholm:
- Brian Mapes:
- Hands-on session: Demo, Thank-You notes, and Wish List from an IDV User
OPeNDAP Announces a Developers Workshop—at Summer ESIP—on the Application and Evolution of DAP
As part of this summer's ESIP Federation meeting, we at OPeNDAP are organizing a Developers Workshop on July 7-8. Presentations are welcome on the full range of efforts related to the Data Access Protocol (DAP), with special interest in how DAP and its applications are evolving. Covered topics likely will include cloud storage, async access, semantics, and extended server functions, and invited speakers on several of these will be announced soon.
OPeNDAP and Unidata staff will offer a tutorial on DAP4, emphasizing how clients and servers may be updated to exploit its advances over DAP2. DAP4 has been developed jointly by Unidata and OPeNDAP under a grant from NOAA. The tutorial will cover both the basic protocol as described on the project page and some of the extensions, including server processing and asynchronous responses.
Please plan to attend and to share your own DAP-related work, whether your emphasis is on DAP clients or DAP servers. Previous workshops have reflected a rich array of interesting ideas and our last Developers Meeting was seven years ago, so there should be plenty of new material!
Please submit your ideas for sessions and/or abstracts for presentations you would like to make to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31st 2014.
- Meeting Location
- The 2014 Summer ESIP Federation Meeting will be held at Copper Mountain Resort in Frisco, CO. The resort is easily accessible from the Denver International Airport by shuttle. Shuttles can be booked at Summit Express with promo code: ESIP to get a rate of $57.60 one-way. If you book in groups of three or more, you can get an even further reduced rate of $52. These shuttles run every two hours in both directions and take about two hours and twenty minutes. Once you are at Copper there are free buses regularly between Copper and Frisco and bikes for rent.
- A limited block of rooms is available at the Copper Mountain Resort at a reduced rate of $120/night for non-federal employee. If you are a federal employee Copper will honor the federal per diem rate of $92/night (plus taxes). To make reservations, call in and speak to a Groups specific Agent when setting up your reservation – Group Reservations can be reached at 866.837.2996. When making your reservation reference the group name, Federation of Earth Science Information Partners and code 1681 for non-fed and 1684 for federal per diem rate. The room block will be held until June 5, 2014, 5pm MT or it is filled.
- ESIP Meeting Registration
- Early registration (through June 5, 2014) is $400/members and $525/non-members (ESIP Member Organizations). After June 5, the registration fee rises to $500 (members) and $625 (non-members). A student registration is available for $150. A special one-day rate is available for $200. We are also offering a 2-day Software Carpentry Boot camp, $250 for just the boot camp or an additional $50 to any other registration type. To register: https://www.regonline.com/esipfederationsummermeeting2014
NB: The special one-day $200 rate also applies to people who would like to attend only the OpenDAP workshop.