ESIP Session on Aggregation
Tying this session to the overall ESIP-Summer-Meeting theme of "data-driven community resilience," we enlist speakers with expertise on: the diverse ways that large collections of data granules can now or potentially be used for scientific, economic or societal advancement.
We specifically will aim to enlist speakers from communities where important needs for data (such as very long time series, e.g.) may be orthogonal to how the data are collected and stored.
To set the stage for discussion, we describe new OpenDAP aggregation features (developed for NASA/ESDIS) that we think may open doors to unprecedented forms of data-mining and statistical supports for resiliency.
Fulker, D.; Gallagher, J.; Advancing the Power and Utility of Server-Side Aggregation; Summer Meeting 2015. ESIP Commons , April 2015
- Introduction, Dave Fulker
- Aggregation-What it is to HDF, Mike Folk
- Advancing the Power and Utility of Server-Side Aggregation, Mohan Ramamurthy
- Tabular Aggregation, Bob Simons
- OpenDAP Server-side Functions for Multi-Instrument Aggregation, Jon Currey