The first year of the project was to be used to plan for the 2nd and 3rd years
with input from the community. The effort that we proposed consisted of five steps:
- Step 1: Familiarization/Preparation Period
- ExCom initial meeting - June 2000,
- Server installation at selected test sites - SAIC,
Texas A&M, BMRC and
State of Maine.
- Cost estimates for the installation of servers at partner sites - abandoned.
- Step 2: Regional Workshops
- Gulf of Mexico - 31 October - 2 November 2000 -
- Great Lakes - Replaced with GIS workshop -
7-8 November 2000 - ESRI, Redlands CA
- Southeast - 17-19 November 2000 -
NOAA - Coastal Services Center, Charleston, SC
- Northeast - 8-10 January 2001 -
URI - W. Alton Jones Campus, West Greenwich, RI
- West Coast - 17-18 January 2001 -
Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- Step 3: Synthesis of the Regional Workshop Results - Early April 2001
- Step 4: The National Workshop - 25-27 April 2001 - Reagan Building, Washington, D.C.
- Step 5: Final Recommendations from the National Workshop - This meeting.