Note: 26 June 2008: We're working on an update to this code to include some fixes in libdap, bes and hdf4. The fixes for HDF4 are important because we're found a problem when reading from certain files that contain multiple SDSs where several of the SDSs have the same name. Unfortunately, the fix for the HDF4 handler (version 3.7.9) will not build or run with libdap 3.8.0 and bes-3.6.1. We'll have an updated page here shortly but we want to get this fix out soon and didn't want there to be too much confusion regarding the differing versions of the HDF4 handler and the software required to build and run it. The binaries and source versions below do not contain the HDF4 fix but do work together. See the HDF4 handler page for the latest version of the handler. The 1.4.1 release :
- The 1.4.1 release is a bug fix release only, there are no new features. A problem with the BES was fixed and released as version 3.6.1. This fix is important enough to warrant a new BES version, but the new version is compatible with the old binaries and has no new features, so it is a drop-in replacement for version 3.6.0. If you already have Hyrax 1.4.0 installed and running, you can download the BES 3.6.1 source or binary distribution and use either of those with the other Hyrax components you have already installed.
- Bug fixes and feature additions
- Significant speed improvements for large data transfers (Details Here and Here.)
- Tested and approved for Tomcat 1.6.x
- Improved Error Messaging.
- XSLT based directory and error pages allow site administrators to customize Hyrax for visual integration with existing sites. (More Here)
- A spelling correction for the MaximumHeapSize parameter in bes.conf has been made which requires that you correct the spelling of that parameter in your existing BES configuration file before you can start the new BES.
- Old spelling: MaximunHeapSize
- New Spelling: MaximumHeapSize
If this is not corrected you will receive the error: BES: unable to start properly because can not determine memory keys. when you attempt to start the BES.
Individual Binaries will be added when they are available. What to get: You will need the OLFS (which is a Java binary and runs on any computer with Java 1.5) and one set of the BES, dap-server and one or more data handlers. We're including libdap here as well to cut down on the amount of hunting around you need to do; libdap is required for all of our software written in C++ (which includes the BES and the handlers).
- Linux (Fedora Core 8) x64_86 RPMs
- Linux (Fedora Core 6) i386 RPMs
- Version 1.4.1:
- Note: All of our software downloads are signed using GPG. Ask us for the public key if you want to verify the signatures.
- libdap 3.8.0, gpg signature
- bes 3.6.1, gpg signature
- General purpose handlers 3.8.5, gpg signature
- NetCDF Handler 3.7.9, gpg signature
- FreeForm Handler 3.7.8, gpg signature
- >HDF4 Handler 3.7.8, gpg signature
- HDF5 Handler 1.2.2
Soap Test Client
- We also have SoapTestClient available for this release.
It provides an example for people that wish to try the SOAP interface to have an example of how to use it.
- Version 1.4.1
- Contributed: Sharing your binary builds for those operating systems not available here.