The 1.6.1 release:
- NcML Module: Hyrax now supports a significant portion of the NcML 2.2 language with the new NcML Module. With this module, a data provider can augment datasets served on their local Hyrax server in the following ways:
- Add, modify, or remove both attributes and variables
- Combine multiple datasets into a single data set using "union" or "joinNew" aggregations. (Other NcML aggregation types are in progress).
- Automatically generated THREDDS catalogs now have a 'file' service
- Improvements to the netCDF file response (Hyrax 1.5 introduced netCDF as a return type for Hyrax).
- HDF5 now has support for HDF EOS and a special mode for CF 1.0 compliant files.
- HDF4 Bug fixes for HDF EOS.
- Bug fixes and feature additions (Beta Release)
What to get: You will need the OLFS (which is a Java binary and runs on any computer with Java 1.5) and one set of the BES, dap-server and one or more data handlers. We're including libdap here as well to cut down on the amount of hunting around you need to do; libdap is required for all of our software written in C++ (which includes the BES and the handlers).
- If you are updating from an older version of Hyrax (older than Hyrax 1.5.0) you will need to update your olfs.xml file! See $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/opendap/initialContent/olfs.xml for the default olfs.xml for Hyrax 1.6.1. For more detailed information see the Hyrax Configuration Documentation
- Linux (CentOS 5.2) x86_64 RPMs
- Linux (CentOS 5.2) i386 RPMs
- Version 1.6.1:
- Note: All of our software downloads are signed using GPG. Ask us for the public key if you want to verify the signatures.
- libdap 3.10.2, gpg signature
- bes 3.8.4, gpg signature
- General purpose handlers 4.0.0, gpg signature
- NetCDF Handler 3.9.1, gpg signature
- FreeForm Handler 3.8.1, gpg signature
- HDF4 Handler 3.8.1, gpg signature
- HDF5 Handler 1.4.1, gpg signature
- Fileout NetCDF Handler 1.0.1, gpg signature
- NcML Module 1.0.3, gpg signature
- Version 1.6.1
- Contributed: Sharing your binary builds for those operating systems not available here.