These documents explain the architecture of the DODS components.
- Data Access Protocol (DAP), version 2
- A technical description of the Data Access Protocol. This was submitted to NASA's Earth Science Data Systems Standards Process Group and has been accepted as a Recommended Standard (submitted on 8/8/2004, accepted 10/8/2007). The official NASA ESE/RFC distribution point for DAP2 may provide a more up to date version and also has additional documentation regarding NASA/ESE's adoption of DAP2 as a community standard.
- DODS Data Access Protocol, DRAFT, version 4 (DAP4)
- A DRAFT technical description of the DODS Data Access Protocol, version 4 (DAP4).
These papers are older and are here mostly to provide background and context for our current designs and implementations. Don't expect them
- Data Delivery Architecture
- An overview of the architecture of the communication between the DODS client and server.
- Data Delivery Design
- The design for communication between the DODS client and server.
- Uniform Resource Locators
- The specification for the use and extension of URLs in the DODS system.
- Data Access Protocol
- The methodology for exchanging data between the DODS client and server.