Version 3.8.0 The big change in this version is that libdap now defines its own namespace. See NEWS for more information. Also in this release, the OS/X binary build is more automatic and less error-prone and we have adapted the HTTP cache so that it can be used to build handlers that are really gateways. This release includes modifications for the BES 3.6.0 changes, updated pkg-config support and modernized headers. This version is needed for BES 3.6.0. Update: We've built a binary distribution for Windows XP. The software included is labeled version "3.8.1 svn" because it was built using sources from our source code repository and contains fixes to be included in libdap 3.8.1. There are no new features but this version does support a more relaxed syntax for Proxy servers in the .dodsrc file and http_proxy environment variable.
- Linux (x86_64)
- Fedora Core 8, RPMs (gcc 4.1)
- Linux (i386)
- Fedora Core 6, RPMs (gcc 4.1)
- Win32 installer (gpg signature). If you get one of our other Win32 packages (e.g., the one for loaddap) then you do not need to get this. This installer is intended for software developers using libdap on WinXP/Vista (Vista support is Alpha).
The libdap 3.8.0 software requires libcurl 7.10.6, libxml2 2.5.7 and a modern pthreads library. To build from a fresh SVN checkout, you'll need automake 1.9.6, autoconf 2.59 and libtool 1.5.18.
- Our libdap binary distribution provides the required libraries (libcurl, libxml2 and libpthreads). If you have problems getting clients to run check your paths. If the problems persist, contact us, we'll be happy to help.
- Mac OS/X 10.4.10 or greater
- OS/X 10.4.10 or greater has all of the required libraries you need to build the code. IF you have an older version of OS/X, you may will need to install libxml2; run 'xml2-config --version', if you get a response back that version 2.5.7 or greater is present, you're all set. See the third-party software page or go directly to the libxml2 page if you need the library.
- Linux (x86_64/i386)
- Modern versions of Linux come with the needed libraries.
- Version 3.8.0
- libdap-3.8.0.tar.gz, gpg signature. Required: libcurl, libxml2 and pthreads. On linux you'll need the regular packages plus the '-devel' development packages for these. They are commonly present on machines configured for development. See above.
- Version 3.8.0
- Contributed: Sharing your binary builds for those operating systems not available here.